The Excitement
Finally, I managed to make that trip back home.Although it meant traveling more than 200 kms in less than 48 hours, it was absolutely worth it.Sleeping in your own room, the bed,the table and the comfort of knowing that your parents are around to take care of you. Its nice to be a child like the good old times, totally care-free from every day problems and having the right not to act responsibly for a couple of days.
I get so nostalgic about the place where I grew up and studied. Everytime, I am home I religiously make the trip around my school compound on my two wheeler.Those 15 seconds take me back to my school days--my class rooms. the music room,assembly area and sports ground. I always do this part alone. It seems there is a small part of me that I have left behind those school walls that makes me visit the place everytime.
After 18 months of becoming an Uncle, I saw my nephew for the first time on video.Now I know, what I have been missing for the last year and half. I guess I am the only one or two people in the extended family who hasn't seen the baby. My plans of visiting my sister on my way back from Australia last year went up in smoke when the client booked my tickets via Bangkok. When she was in India in the end of 2008 on a blink and you will miss trip of 4 days, I was in Goa on assignment. The wait continues and I just hope my sister and I somehow are able to work out a plan that will be immune of project deadlines,leave commitments and now the swine flu.
My last day in the city,most of the masks are off the road :).There are people dying but it seems the scare has ben controlled.My next destination-- Bangalore-- where I guess things have just started to heat up.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When I visited my old school as an adult everything seemed to have shrunk :) As a child it seemed enormous :)
ReplyDeleteHope you get to meet your nephew soon.
Cheers
preeti
@Preeti: Thats true as well , but I haven't been inside the school in ages. I might also feel the same way then.
ReplyDelete