The Intensity
In between all this mayhem, I managed to work on a challenging project. But the best part of the day was the commute. I made it a point to talk to the drivers during my 60 minute drive. I somehow wanted to know what had been happening in the city during the time I wasn't there!
I am now an expert on the call cab business model in Mumbai, key issues faced by the drivers,commuters and the company itself. The drivers also filled me in with juicy gossip regarding the rivalry between the call cab and yellow/black cab drivers in the city.Some times when i was lucky I would get a driver who would give a dose of philosophy and religion. Some of these drivers were well educated and also have regular job besides driving the cab. Sometimes makes me feel so lucky to be where I am in life. (I must learn to be happy and less dissatisfied, although i must admit it will not be easy)
In my two weeks in Mumbai, I managed to meet up with only one of my friends because of the swine flu scare and my promise not to travel a lot in the city unless it was absolutely essential.But was very happy to have risked going out for this meeting.Meeting up
is so different from talking on the phone. An hour in person with anyone is worth more than 10 on the phone. I always wonder, how these meetings with friends end up being more interesting and fulfilling in spite of everyone being in touch over phone and email. We couldn't go for the movie as usual.I still remember all the movies we planned to watch together, but always managed to discover a scheduling conflict when we were working in the same city for brief period. Anyways, I am more than happy to have been able to meet up and having successfully juggled our schedules which are so not in our control :).
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment